Saturday, January 20, 2007

Or perhaps He does not know

Who then knows whence it has arisen,
Whence this emanation hath arisen,
Whether God disposed it, or whether He did not,-
Only He who is its overseer in highest heaven knows.
Or perhaps He does not know.

- Rig Veda (creation hymn)


If you watched Bharat ek Khoj, you might remember the same hymn played in hindi in its title song.



Wahi sachmuch me jaanta, ya nahi bhi jaanta.

Its surprising that thousands of years ago, people were willing to admit they didn't know a thing about God or creation. I don't know where that honesty disappeared.

They must have gone woefully wrong with their kids ;) .

6 comments:

musical said...

Wonderful post :).

I used to enjoy the lines:

Prithvi se pehle, satya bhi nahin tha, asatya bhi nahin tha.....

Chhupa tha kya, kahan, kisne dhara tha-us pal to agam, achal jal bhi kahan tha.....

"Something must have gone wrong with the kids ;)"-lets say we are living proofs :))

JoeBlogs said...

I don't know a thing about god or creation.

musical said...

Thanks for the clip-i didn't see it the first time. did you add it later.

sbkt said...

"Thanks for the clip-i didn't see it the first time. did you add it later."
I just had a link earlier. Then I thought it could do with more visibility.

sbkt said...

"I don't know a thing about god or creation."
I am so proud of you. ;)

musical said...

Ganatantra Diwas Ki Shubhkamnayein :).