Friday, January 12, 2007

All roads lead to...

Austin for me.
Sigh!
Back home. After a long and winding vacation, with Slj.

Highlights include a visit to Canaan Valley, West Virginia, where in the beautiful countryside punctuated only by pickup trucks, snow-white churches and restaurants advertising home-made meals, I got my first sight ever of the leafless autumn I only knew through comparisons to Larkin's bored childhood.

Then a visit to Baltimore, MD, where at the science center embarrassingly(for us) short of adults, with an increasingly exasperated Slj beside me, I indulged my juvenile fascination with dinosaurs.

Finally a short but exciting trek at the Breakneck Ridge trail, NY, with my brother and his fiancee.

Canaan Valley, West Virginia:















Science Center, Baltimore, MD:



A Giganatosaur


Tyrannosaurus rex


Breakneck Ridge, NY








2 comments:

musical said...

Welcome back, sbkt.

Glad you had a great time. Lovely pictures :).

"Exasperated Slj"
why wouldn't she feel that way-come on, stop being that nerdy :). Dinosaurs, no way!

I loved parts of Baltimore too, some places have that old world feel-and the bonus was a trip to Washington DC.

sbkt said...

"why wouldn't she feel that way-come on, stop being that nerdy :)."

:-D. Believe me, I had to make up for that.

"I loved parts of Baltimore too, some places have that old world feel-and the bonus was a trip to Washington DC."
Ya, I guess. We hung mostly around the Inner Harbor. Didn't have a lot of time to spare in Baltimore, unfortunately. And the dinosaurs took the little :-D.